Trivia clues

I'm back from my two week vacation.  Boy, with Mo's tirade and Coates's
bust I sure missed quite a bit of news!

I did field trivia questions out in San Luis Obispo.  I'll post new ones
on Monday.  Your correct answers have been logged.

Some clues:

Red Sox:  The MVP award began in 1930.  The question does not deal with
the old Chalmers award, so Tris Speaker is wrong.

Patriots:  Not Fred Steinfort, he filled in for Tony Franklin, who was
injured in 1987.  The guy I'm after took over full time in the beginning
of 1988, and was later replaced by Jason Staurovsky.

Good luck!  Good to be back.

--
Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://members.tripod.com/~bob_george/bobs.html