Walker

I've just read all the posts from the past several days and I need to get
something off of my chest.  In 3 to 4 years, the Pitino era will have begun
to make its mark on the history of the game. . .for good or bad.  Let it be
known that after EITHER the Celtics resign the great Walker and win their
17th championship OR they try to get "equal value" for him and remain
forever among the mediocre and pathetic of the league, let it be known that
I was always FOR Walker along with Chris Littlefield, Mishra, Joe Hironaka
and several (but too few) others.  Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that
we have put together the young nucleus we have, but a team led by Anderson,
Mercer, and Pierce without Walker is a sure cellar-dweller.
And as I stated in my last post, there is no such thing as getting equal
value for a franchise player.  I'm just glad this Celts' mailing list
doesn't have a vote in player-personnel decisions.

Goggin in Cincinnati