RE: Bigger messups

>Rodgers didn't get along with Ainge, who was taking too many risky shots,
>but our ranks were depleted due to injury and he was just trying to save a
>sinking ship. Rodgers answer was to package Ainge and Brad Lohaus (who Larry
>felt could be a good addition to the Celts) for Joe Kleine and ? (help me
>out history buffs).

The deal was Ainge and Lohaus for Joe Kleine and Ed Pickney.

I don't think that Rodgers was responsible for the trade, he was just the coach,
not the GM.  It was probably Jan Volk's deal.  It seemed like a good deal at the
time.  The Celtics thought that they needed a backup center to replace Bill
Walton and some more help for the aging front court.  At the time both Kliene
and Pickney were starting for Sacramento.  Reggie Lewis was starting to
develop and Ainge seemed expendable.  Starting Lohaus (fifi) in place of
McHale, so McHale could return to his sixth man role had proved disasterous.

Charles