trade

Sometimes I wonder why this list is so fascinated with trades.  Other
than getting rid of salaries like Brown or Minor, I can see no reason
for us to trade anyone.  The talk of trading Billups and/or Mercer seems
particularly off base.  I guess it gives everyone something to think
about, or talk about, but I think the core of this team is Billups,
Mercer, and Walker.  I do not believe we are going to trade any of
them.  Further, if we do, I think it will be a mistake.  As for the rest
of the team, I don't believe they have much value.  If Minor gets dnp,
coach's decision on this team, why would someone else want him?  I don't
see why anyone would want Dee Brown as he is too small and too
inconsistent.  I don't think we should trade Knight or DeClerq (sp?).
So that basically leaves Bowen, Edney, Ellison and McCarty.  What real
value do any of them have?

So, I don't really expect to see the Celtics make any trades.  But, my
real question is, why is everyone so interested in breaking up this team
that is playing well and making improvements.  I say let them keep on
growing as a unit and add through the lottery this year and then look at
a trade to clear cap room and sign the right free agent.  But, I don't
think we are going to trade for a player that can help the team.

--

Peace,

Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net