Re: another trade idea

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Shailendra K. Mishra wrote:

> There is a report in SI saying that the Spurs are desperate for outside shooting
> help and are talking to Cleveland about Bobby Sura for Will Perdue trade. I was
> wondering if they would be interested in Dana Barros. In their case Dana's
> height shouldn't be a concern because all he has to do is shoot from the
> perimeter once the big guys get doubled inside.

	Maybe that is why Pitino has been trying to get Greg Minor to
shoot the 3 lately.  If he could make them consistently, the Spurs might
take him off of our hands.  If Perdue's contract is up soon, I would be in
favor of a Dana and Minor for Perdue swap.  Minor could fill in for Elliot
at small forward while he's injured and you're right Dana would give them
a shooter.  And even though Dana has been playing well of late, it would
help rid our logjam of guards.  Even without those two, we would still
have six: Billups, Mercer, Dee, Bowen, Edney, and Dontae.

	Although from their perspective, they would probably want a
backup big man to replace Perdue and also would want to unload a small
guard so that they won't have the same problem we have.  So maybe we could
throw in John Thomas, and they could add Corey Alexander.  Unless they
value him, I really don't know.

> RP should  pull the trigger on a Pooh for Dee+Edney trade, now that Chauncey is
> playing 30+ minutes a game.

	I'm not crazy about this one.  From what I understand Dee and
Pooh's contracts both end after the 2000 season, so we wouldn't gain any
flexibility there.  And Pooh has been labeled a headcase, although I'm too
far removed from the Clippers to know if that's really the case.  And I
don't think anyone would take two pint sized guards in one trade.

Jeremy