Warwick you're forgetting the $3M per year assessed to our cap for the Dino
Radja buyout.  So that would bring our total to about $27M.  And I think a
more likely cap would be about $30M.

Mishra, Toronto will include Walt Williams' $5M per year contract in any trade
for Stoudamire so that they can get equal value.  Stoudamire only makes $1.7M.
 Who can they trade him for straight up and make out well?

I'd love to see Stoudamire here.  He plays incredibley well in big games and
has all of the point guard instincts so many of us have been looking for.  But
if you were Toronto would you make this trade?  You're getting Billups and a
bunch of mediocre players.  The four second round picks are completely
meaningless.  The 2000 first rounder is three years away.  That leaves one
decent draft pick.  If I were Toronto I would be looking at the Lakers' offer
of Van Exel and Campbell.  But I would try to get them to put in Kobe instead
of Van Exel.  But I doubt the Lakers would do that.

It's interesting that just as Dorine and Theresa start to complain about the
refs giving special treatment to superstar players, the NBA cracks down on it
by fining a ref who admitted to giving a foul to Chaney instead of a sixth
foul to Webber.  The powers that be must be keeping a close eye on this
mailing list!!!!

Jeremy

Warwick wrote:

Salary details for next season (all are approximates)

Team-       $23,900,424
Williams:   $4,000,000
Brown:      $3,500,000
Barros:     $3,400,000
Ellison:    $2,000,000
Camby:      $3,359,088
Walker:     $2,236,896
Mercer:     $2,121,984
McCarty:    $1,053,072
Jones:      $953,856
Thomas:     $768,528
Bowen:      $507,000

Using a $32 mil salary cap that leaves: $8,099,576 to spend on free
agents. We sign a center and another power forward (likelihood of Outlaw
and Longley) then re-signing Damon Stoudamire and Tyus Edney, giving the
Celtics a lineup of: