Re: Pooh Richardson

>    I certainly don't claim to be an expert, but why would the Celtics
>possibly want to sign Pooh Richardson?  What does it say about him that he
is
>second or third on the depth chart of the Clippers, probably the worst team
in
>the NBA over the last five or ten years?  I mean, this is a team that uses
>Stojko Vrankovic, who has been given up on by at least two other teams!

While it is true that the clips have been doormats since the beginning of
time there are some players there who might look good in green. Pooh IMO is
not one of them. While he does offer the celts a possibility of a veteran
point. He carries too much baggage with him. His major gripe is playing
time. Of course those of us who remember the eighties know what it is like
to get on Fitch's bad side. Imagine how he would react to Pitinos
substitutions. Where if your name isn't Antoine be happy with 15 minutes
must be the rule. He just wouldn't work out and we would be stuck with
basically the same salary situation as with Dee. At least Dee looks like he
wants to play. That said I'm sure Dee is being shopped heavily. Hopefully
Pitino does find him a home and the team some cap relief.

Art Silva