Re: those choosen before walker

>Would someone be interested in doing an analysis of those taken before A. W.
>in the draft?  I'm curious to see how the top five are doing compared to
>Walker.
>
> 1. Allen Iverson       Georgetown              Philadelphia
> 2. Marcus Camby        Massachusetts           Toronto
> 3. Shareef Abdur-Rahim California              Vancouver
> 4. Stephon Marbury     Georgia Tech            Milwaukee (*)
> 5. Ray Allen           Connecticut             Minnesota (*)
> 6. Antoine Walker      Kentucky                Boston

Off the top of my head, they all seem to be doing pretty well.  Iverson may
end up being the distraction everyone thought, but his performance is  OK.
Camby is pretty weak and injury prone, but everyone outside of New England
probably expected that a little.  The others are all solid.  I do remember
Pitino's comment, though, when he was still the Kentucky coach and was
covering the NBA draft that year on TNT.  When the Celtics drafted Walker,
even though his stats were not too eye-popping compared to a lot of other
players on the board, Pitino said that in a few years, when people look
back at this years crop of players, Walker would be seen as the best player
in that draft.  Its looking like a pretty decent high end draft right now,
but I think that prediction could still come to pass.

Matt