Pitino's quotes & C's report

"Oh, I've got to believe Antoine's going to make it. I really do,"
Pitino said. "I don't think it's going to come down to (Rodman
vs. Walker). I think, outside of one or two players, Antoine
should be one of the leading candidates for what he's done for our
basketball team and the type of year he's having. He posts double
-doubles every night and he's a terrific passer. What he's
meant to the Celtics, I think the coaches are going to see and vote
him in. I have no doubts about that."
CBS Sportsline has a very good article on Pitino, trades, players'
quotes, and Boston Celtics news.

Free article and well worth reading.

Go to the following web site:
http://www.sportsline.com/u/basketball/nba/teams/insider/celtics.htm

There is talk out of Miami that the Heat is on the verge of acquiring
Mitch Richmond from Sacramento. The Celtics had spoken of being
involved in the deal on a few occasions, but Pitino repeated last night
what he said Saturday -- that the Celts were no longer active in the
proposed transaction. Ron Mercer and Chauncey Billups came up in
the discussion, with Jamal Mashburn and Isaac Austin offered to Boston.

Michael Jordan said Tuesday he heard the C's were interested in getting
Austin, and he's quite correct on that.

"He'd be great for them," Jordan said. "They could really use a guy like
that."

Steve Huffman