RE: Where have the basketball gurus gone?

I can't remember anyone proposing to "rip apart" the team.  But when you
have a chance to improve it you can't sit pat with your thumb up your ass
as we have the last 10 years.  You have to know when it is time to change.
 Why is it the Lakers are close to reaching the top again, and we are
fighting for .500 ?  Because they knew when to rebuild, and made some
better personnel decisions like moving a Vlade Divac  a proven center, for
Kobe Bryant.

As for Longley, as stated you could probably have replaced him with Stojko
Vrankovich and the Bulls would still win.  He is an adequate, big body,
that is a good passer,  but not I the top 10 centers IMO.

Maybe I am asking too much, but I expect more from the 3rd pick in the
draft.