Re: C's, Flu Take Down TWolves: Boston 93-Minnesota 89

Bill Cooper wrote:
> Opposition Player of Note: Garnett:  I thought the Kevin actually
> played fairly well tonight, especially in breaking the press.  Garnett
> often got the ball in the decision making spot (after the press was
> broken, around the top of the 3 point arc) and he did a good job of
> distributing the ball from there.  He had 5 assists in the game, and
> probably should have had more.  But a lot of the guys he was passing
> the ball to had trouble finishing.  I suspect that had Gugliotta
> played, he would have occupied that decision making role and Garnett
> would have done the finished to much better effect.

Good analysis--Garnett's role as middle man probably contributed to him
taking only 8 shots.  However, as to whether he played well, here's an
excerpt from today's Globe:
---
Minnesota's Kevin Garnett did not have much to say last night after his
team lost to the Celtics, 93-89. He was especially terse when the topic
turned to Celtics forward Antoine Walker.

"Antoine is a very good player," he said. "He had a very good game, end
quote."  Asked to elaborate, he replied, What's to elaborate on?

Garnett might not care to elaborate on Walker's team-leading 27 points
and 18 rebounds, but he'll be hearing about last night's loss for
awhile. Garnett and Walker played high school ball in Chicago and summer
bragging rights were at stake in the FleetCenter yesterday.

The Timberwolves' $125 million man was dominated by Walker, attempting
only eight shots and finishing with 11 points.
---

Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI

Are you connected with women's college volleyball? Visit
this site for a look at a talented potential recruit:
	http://www.netcom.com/~mdynon/Diane1.html