Re: Trade in the offing (heard from ESPN)...

Jaime wrote:

> I was watching the Miami against Detroit on ESPN and the commentator
> somewhat confirmed a trade that may consumate soon.  I wasn't really
> paying attention until I heard the words-- Celtics and the name
> Billups in the mix.  I could only recall they were saying that three
> teams(Miami, Boston and Sacramento) are talking and that the Celts are
> to give up Billups and one of their big men(Knight or Declerq) and in
> return the Celts are to receive Isaac Austin and someone (I forgot...a
> point guard from Miami or Sac).   In that trade Miami would receive
> Mitch Rich and another one, while Sacramento will get Billups and a
> perk.  Very interesting, huh?
>
> Well anyways, I thought it would be sad to lose a rookie with lots of
> potential and promise but in the other hand if we are to receive a
> BIGGER talent and proven skilled big man in Ike, it'll be a compromise
> that'll be hard to accept.  Don't ya all think?

I dont like this unless Ike has guaranteed he will stay at Boston.

I also dont like this deal as there isn't many top quality point guards
in the draft as the last one, unless we were to get Anthony Johnson or
Eric Murdock I dont like the deal and/or Sacto's pick.

Warwick
--
MZ