Re: Pepper wouldn't make it...

Jaime wrote:

> I just agree with everyone saying that this kid wouldn't make it to
> the best level there is.  Nothin personal but I have cable and see him
> a lot on an aussie channel playing for their national team.  I am not
> a declared talent expert or anything but I know when something is
> special and potentially incredible.  I just think he's an ordinary kid
> that plays hard and has a lot of energy in him but that's all.  He may
> be tall at 7'0 but nothin more special besides that.  He played with
> Anstey and I could boldly say that Chris Anstey has a lot more talent
> and "specialness" than this Pepper kid.  And to see Anstey now riding
> the bench (havent even know if this guy has played yet)  what more for
> this Pepper who's a lesser talent than Anstey.

Well its fine to have your opinions and to share them, but, we see him
play alot more than you, we've seen him grow. I'll tell you this much.
The kid has only played for a short time. Anstey played basketball under
one of the best coaches in Australia, that being Brian Goorjian.

The thing that differs from Anstey and Pepper.

The South East Melbourne Magic had 3 months to prepare Anstey in every
facet of the game (strength, body size, system of Dallas's, etc.) for
the Mavericks. Ben Pepper will have 3 seasons to prepare under Brett
Brown, a great coach who coaches the style of the Celts. That in itself
is a very important facet, to not have to change your style of game when
you change teams, let alone changing leagues from a growing league into
the show is a blessing in disguise for the 2 P's (Pitino + Pepper).

Warwick