Matt Geiger?

I keep hearing about how this guy is at the top of our free agent list.  Can
someone please tell me why?  He's slow, doesn't have any post moves, doesn't
have a jump shot, and can't block shots.  He's not even that big.  He scores
some opportunistic baskets, like Travis Knight did before he became an
opposition player of note.  But how does that make him suited for our gaping
maw of a need?  There's got to be some rebounding, shot blocking animal out
there we can install at center.

Can someone make me look forward to getting Geiger? Does he have anything
going for him?

P.S. watched last night's Blazer nightmare, and saw the best passing post man
since Larry Bird.  A better passer than most point guards in the league.
 Beautiful.  And heard the most uninformed play by play team.  Boy are they
terrible.  Called the celtics offense "scrambled eggs" about forty times,as
well as making the following observations:

"Walker doesn't show much emotion on court."
"Mercer was a slasher in college.  He's really developing his jump shot this
year."
etc.