ANDERSON

I agree we should wait a bit and see if Anderson is for real.  There's
no doubting the man's talent, that's been well documented.  What bothers
me are the references to his being a head case.  Last night was a
combinationn of his point guard skills and the rest of the team's
obvious relief at having the trade deadline over with, in my opinion.
Also, as I stated before, I think it's tough on any team to be on such a
long road trip, but particularly for such a young, inexperienced team.
Mercer, who is my favorite Celtic after Walter, certainly stands to
benefit from the skills of a true point guard.  I still wish there had
been a way to keep Chauncy as a two guard, but those are the breaks, I
guess.  If Kenny fits in with his team mates, there's no doubt he can be
a big bonus for this team.  We all knew this would be an up and down
season, before it ever started.  They've done better than we had any
right to expect, so we should be happy with that.  They are still fun to
watch.  I have to say also that Bowen is one of the best defenders I've
ever seen, and that's saying alot.
He won't get the stats, but where would we be without him?  He did a
real job on Payton last night.  It was also wonderful to find a referee
who called the fouls correctly and didn't go for that "superstars are
untouchable" form of calling the shots.  Too many superstars, so-called,
get away with too much because of their status.  First of all, if
they're true superstars, they don't need the luxury of not getting
called for fouls.  They should be treated no differently.  I wish half
the fouls Jordan makes would be called.
Dorine