Re: C's Roster

At 01:41 AM 2/20/98 -0400, Cecil Wright wrote:
>Now that the dust has settled, I wonder who will start tomorrow in Seattle?
Does Kenny automatically start because he is an experienced veteran player?
Or does the start go to Tyus Edney, allowing Pitino to ease him in
gradually?  I suspect it will take some time for Kenny to become familiar
with the Celtic's defensive scheme (For those of us who believe in defense),
therefore would it be in anyone's best interest for him to start?  If he
doesn't start, will that cause him to feel embarrassed or humiliated?

WEEI had him on a telephone interview today and he said that he just talked
with Pitino, who told him he would work him in gradually at the start. Of
course, Kenny also said he thought it would only take him a couple games to
understand/be comfortable with Pitino's system, so who knows... <g>

<snip>
>Dana Barros, by the way, is showing how wrong some of us can be in our
predictions.  It wasn't long ago that some  were screaming for him to be
traded for a slim jim.  We should be giving the man his due credit, for he
has played very well over the past while.  Well enough to convince RP that
he can do more than merely shoot the rock.  I will be man enough to admit
I'm wrong if Anderson proves such.  I think Dana has proved that his critics
have leaped to conclusions.

Yeah, I'm another mea cupla who misjudged Dana. Kenny's known as a weak
defender -do you realize that this means Dana's now our best defender at the
point? One of the nicest things about Dana's game vs the Griz was the way he
kept taking it to the hoop, and leading other guys there with passes. One of
my biggest pewt peeves with this year's Cs is how they've never learned to
do that consistantly, so you can at least draw a foul, if the shot doesn't fall.

>While I'm at it, let's give DQ some props.  This guy couldn't hit the broad
side of a barn early in the season, but, and I pray I don't jinx his butt,
he has obviously been working heavily on his shot and his free throws.  If
they all work at their weaknesses like him, there'd be little to complain
about on this list.

You have to be fair to him though -at the beginning of the season, aside
from the chaos of the total turnover in coach and teammates, he was still
coming off a bad knee injury. That's part of why Edney was signed -there
were serious doubts that Dana WOULD recover. Wasn;t able to do much in camp
because of it, making him even rustier. So I didn't pay much attention to
his poor shooting at the start of this year.

<snip>
-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net