Re: Billups deal final.

> From troyhash@eagleweb.net Wed Feb 18 20:58:00 1998
>
> Not arguing talent, but he doesn't help us where we need it.  We have
> plenty of people that shoot jumpers, yes he is a big body, but we need a
> post up player.  Someone who can score inside, get his own shot, and
> block some shots.  Smith is not that person.  Troy

Other than Walker, I don't see any one on the front line who has even a decent
offensive game. There is a reason why Walker takes so many jumpers because all
teams know that neither DeClerq or McCarty can shoot consistently from 10-15 ft
range. In the Golden state game, they countered Walker by putting Smith on him
to match his quickness outside and rotating the center on him inside thus
bottling him up. Even though Walker passed the ball to McCarty, he couldn't
shoot it or take it inside..which a Joe Smith would have done.
                               - Mishra

PS: If we have such good jump shooters why are the celtics working hard to land
Mashburn, surely he is no inside presence.