Billups trade

WEEI are reporting that the trade is...

Brown, Billups, Roy Rogers and John Thomas for
Kenny Anderson, Popeye Jones and Zan Tabak

On hoops have the following to say about Kenny Anderson and his
contract...

K Anderson   -  Contract expires '03   -  $5.0 mill This year  -  Slight
but unguardable point with to-die-for handles and a heart.

Tabak is 7' 0", so he can be of some use here.  Popeye Jones has a
serious knee injury, so who knows if he'll even make the team next year.
Both contracts are up at the end of the year.

Perhaps with Antoine, Ron and a free agent to sign, Pitino sees
Anderson's 5 remaining years as a plus.

I can't decide whether I like this trade yet or not.   But I do expect a
lot of those people that have been clamoring for Billups to be traded
for a pure point guard, and for Brown's contract to be moved, to start
complaining about Anderson's attitude.  I guess some people think they
can have it all.

I'd like to know more about Anderson's contract, though.  Does the money
go up in the remaining 5 years?  Is Portland paying some, and does that
help out cap position?

Jim