RE: tradespec.html

On Sunday, February 15, 1998 8:51 PM, David A Wickerham
[SMTP:aw623@freenet.buffalo.

> BOSTON trades:
>
>      Chauncey Billups PG (2.4 mil), Travis Knight C (2 mil), Dontae
>      Jones, SF (795 thou) and Roy Rogers PF (760 thou) total = 5.955 and
>      receives:
>      Jamal Mashburn SF (4.4 mil), Steve Nash PG (1.1 mil) and Michael
>      Stewart C (242 thou) total = 5.742
>
>    WHY: Pitino gets yet another former Kentucky Wildcat with Mashburn and
>    more importantly he gets a solid SF and scoring threat to complement
>    Walker at the PF. Nash promises to fit well in the Pitino system,
>    particularly the way he shoots the three. Stewart's shotblocking will
>    enable him to play "goalie" on the press and provide badly needed size
>    in the middle -- and be resigned since Boston (unlike Sacramento) is
>    under the cap.

If this had any truth to it the Celtics should snap at this in a second.
 Getting, Nash, Mashburn & Stewart for Billups & Travis is too good to be
true.  Hell I would throw in McCarty, Declercq &  Barros to get it done and
get Ceballos languishing in Phoenix also.  I don't know how Danny Ainge has
been able to put together a team so deep so quickly.  They are just that
big man away, and Austin might be the answer, but Stewart is Sacramento's
big man of the future, not Travis night or Polynice.