Re: Leigh Montville

John Lyell wrote:

> Would we see it differently if it would have been Antoine Walker instead of
> Kobe ?  Personally I would think this would be a detriment to Kobe, kind of
> like calling Keith Van Horn the next Bird.  Puts a lot of pressure on them
> to live up to.

Sure, some people would see it differently, because Walker is a Celtic and not a hated Laker.  But
since neither Walker nor Bryant has accomplished anything remotely near what Jordan has done, then
realistically neither has earned the status of "the second coming."  It's all marketing and hype,
which Montville points out clearly.  Concerning pressure, Kobe doesn't look too stressed out to me.
--
Mike