Joe, Ed, Bob, Who was that?

My idea for All-Star interest (as printed in Alex Cap's excellent Web) is
this:  let the choices be made by whomever, but then let the coaches get
together in a hotel room two days before the game and select their teams
one by one, regardless of conference.  Forget East and West.  Who
really cares about that?  So, Larry chooses Michael, then coach Karl
selects Shaq, and on and on until finally Van Exel is chosen (I wish I
could control that anti-Laker urge).

The fans would find out on Saturday (or late-nite ESPN Friday) and the
hype would begin.  I bet it would add some interest for fans and players
alike.  Nothing, I don't think, will make it a real (defensive minded) game.

Gene