A FEW THOUGHTS

Just a few thoughts on a few subjects I've been reading about in today's
mailing list mail.

This wasn't on the list, but if any of you didn't see the article on
Mercer in Sunday's Boston Globe, you should read it.  Now, he sounds
like an outstanding young man to me.  Have liked his attitude and
composure from day one, like him even better after reading that.

Last summer everyone thought I was awful to suggest it wasn't a bad
thing if the Celtics had new uniforms and they got rid of the organ,
etc.  Nobody wanted anything changed.
Now, I hear there will be Celtic cheerleaders next year.  Anyone else
heard that?  Walker's wiggle is not my favorite thing, but it's okay in
the Fleet Center.  I don't think he played so well in the All Star game
that he should have done it, because for non-Celtic fans not familiar
with his talented play, it looked too cocky.  That, I don't think, was
the time or place for it.  Just my opinion, of course.

I don't usually care much for the All Star game, and I'm not that fond
of dunks, either, but I love alley-oops.  That, at least, takes two
people and perfect timing.  It's also great basketball, and teamwork is
what this game is all about.  I didn't stay until the end of the game
because I was so sick of listening to all the crying about Jordan
retiring and how can we get him to stay, etc.  I agree that little twerp
from Detroit, late of the Raptors, is lousy as an analyst.  Bob Costas,
IMO, is one of the finest sports announcers in the business.  He didn't
understand the wiggle, that's all.

I've long been tired of the NBA deciding on their own who the next big
star will be.  The play will determine that, and the fans will decide.
I always resented their hyping of Shaq, whom I think of as an overgrown
showoff.

I don't suffer racists gladly.  I noticed nothing racist in either of
Antoine's commercials. Not great commercials, though.  And one more
thought, I saw a Chauncy Billups sneaker commercial last night.
Dorine