Re: Larry Who??

>Did anyone besides me catch Rodman's crappy movie on TV tonight?
>There was the infamous game five when Rodman said Bird was
>overrated because he was white.  They had some Dino Radja
>lookin punk playing Larry and he was taunting Rodman and
>pumping up the crowd after his shots.  I don't remember this Larry
>Bird.  Sorry Rodman, but when it comes to you and Larry Bird, no
>one will remember you as the good guy.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I only tuned in for about 5 minutes, and it
happened to be right about the time they moved into game 5 against the
Celtics.  And it did look like Radja!  But the whole characterization was
totally ridiculous, and not just the moves of Bird dunking over everyone,
but his picking on Rodman and being the punk that Rodman actually is.  The
whole thing was totally self-serving, from Rodman being the superstar
college player (like ANYBODY would have designed the last second scoring
play to go to Rodman!), to the innocent Rodman being unfairly picked on and
taunted by Larry Bird, to the self-righteous defense of his racist
statement, that he was just speaking the truth (and all this in just the 5
minutes I saw!).   The whole setup just made him look like the innocent
hero being mistreated by the cruel harsh world.  If it weren't for the name
of the movie, you'd never know it was about Dennis Rodman.  From what
little I saw, the movie was at least as bad as he wanted it to be. :-)

Matt