Re: Twons the Man

> Besides Antoine, I think there are only about 3 on that list who can actually
> become the star Jordan is.  That is to say, in their own right, in their own
> way.  It takes more than talent, it takes charisma.  Most of those players don't
> have it.

Very true.  Going through the list...

> > 1)Kobe Bryant

Seems most likely at this point, with NBC drooling all over him.  You just
*know* that someone from "on high" is insisting they hype him up and it
makes the commentators unbearable.  Well, even moreso than usual.  I hate
it when the league does this, and more often then not, they wind up with
egg on thier face.  It wasn't *that* long ago Derrick Coleman was supposed
to take the mantle of "best power forward" from Karl Malone.

> > 2)Grant Hill

So far so good - I would place Grant Hill at #2 as well.

> > 3)Shaq O'Neal

Not interested in basketball enough.  Plus he's already starting to take a
back seat to Kobe.

> > 4)Kevin Garnett

He hasn't really lived up to a $120 million dollar contract.  How can you
even look at him and not think about all those zeroes?

> > 5)Penny Hardaway

Would take a miracle comeback.  Injuries have been a problem lately, and
what did someone mention about $200 million?  Say it ain't so!

> > 6)Tim Duncan
> > 7)Tim Duncan

The center so nice, we listed him twice.  Nah, too quiet.  In a tough
situation in S.A. trying to share the spotlight (and position) with David
Robinson.

> > 8)A. Walker

Hmm.  Antoine's showboating has always rubbed me the wrong way and I
really wish he'd lose the wiggle, but his enthusiasm is really catching
and I think as long as he's with a coach like Pitino, his energy will be
focused in the right direction.  He loves the spotlight and is very
articulate.  Could be the dark horse candidate.  Odds improve greatly the
more the Celtics win.

> > 9)Shawn Kemp

No way, not after the pout-fest in Seattle.  The current harmony in the NW
makes most of the blame of prior years appear to belong to Kemp.

> > 10)Allen Iverson

Will get many, many coaches fired before he hangs up his sneakers.

> > 11)Juwan Howard

I like his literacy commercials.  But picking up the torch from MJ?  Nope.

> > 12)Zo Mourning

Ugh.  What a mouth for a guy who hasn't proven anything.  Has got to step
up big this year.  Still can't believe how easily the Bulls handled the
Heat in last year's playoffs.