RE: rumored trade

John Lyell said:
>  Camby has been a disappointment.  The only thing he does well for a big
> man is block shots.  He has not shown a good inside game, and plays around
> the perimeter.  Seems like a more expensive Walter McCarty.
>
> Tonight we saw some of the potential Travis has, he did it all, block
> shots, rebound, hit from the outside, and drive  to the hoop ! If he can
> only do it consistently.
>

> If it involved Jersey and Camby ended up with Calipari & we got Jayson
> Williams that would be better

I agree all around.  I'd also add that Camby has proven shaky in both
attitude and sturdiness.  Pitino wants players who don't injure easily,
and Camby has proven injury-prone.  Also, the Celtics' conditioning
program might be too much for Camby's heart to withstand.

As for Travis, amen!  If he could play like that consistenly, every game,
a lot of the big man worries would be over (even then I'd still like to
see another bulky person to defend against the strong, big centers in
the league, or at least to waste some fouls on them and wear them down
at the same time.)

Travis had an awesome drive to the hoop last night... he moved like a
small forward, right past his man out near the 3-point line and laid it in.
His best play was making a Larry-Bird-like dive (full bellyflop) to the
floor to save a ball rolling out of bounds, and a Celtics basket
resulted from it.  He was giving it a full, determined effort.

Jon Mc