Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:38:47 -0500
From: bocelts@scsn.net (R. Bentz Kirby)
Subject: League's offer rejected again

Here is a url to the ESPN article about the League's final offer.  The
league has upped the percentage to 53% in year 4, 53.5% in year 5 and
54% in year 6.  There were other consessions made as well.  The Union
apparently has rejected this.  I think that this is an ego battle, but
Hunter is just a pawn.  Falk and Tellum are looking to face down the
owners.  I think the owners have no choice but to shut down the season
rather than make a deal with the twin devils.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/1998/981227/01013807.html

I wish the players had a brain to think with, would cut the agents out,
and take a private vote.  I notice some other players have surfaced
wanting to take a vote.  The power is with the wrong people.  If it is
such a bad deal, just let the players vote it down.  No problem, right!

- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net

http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw