The End

I think this is about the end.  As long as the executive committee is
made up of high-end David Falk clients and as long as the rank and
file aren't allowed to vote until the committee approves, the season
is doomed.  The League's proposal caps upscale salaries at a
relatively low 12 million, even for the Michael Jordans and Patrick
Ewings who have been in the league ten years.  I myself think I could
live with giant salaries for ten year veterans as long as players had
reasonable salaries the first nine years, but I guess the owners want
to get this thing in hand.  But there's no way the union will accept
it.  My question is, when will the lockout end?  If this season is
cancelled, will the players play next season, or will the league be
buried alive for the sake of Alonzo Mourning's contract?  It seems to
me that even if the players wake up, there's nothing they can really
do unless some player like Kevin Willis or Brian Shaw overthrows the
executive committee.  Amazing this hasnt happened already, when you
consider the number of veterans in the league who aren't easily
intimidated -- the Terry Cummings, Dennis Rodmans, Oakley's, Doc
Rivers, etc. who can't possibly benefit from high end rulings.  And a
lot of these guys have agents who are going broke -- but Falk still
seems to have all the power.  Wonder if that will continue when Jordan
finally leaves.  Damn Falk and Damn Alonzo and Patrick.  Billy Hunter
too.

I think we can forget about the season now.

Josh

When will it all end?