ESPN article

There is a new article at ESPN on the lockout.  The url is

http://espnet.sportszone.com/nba/news/1998/981215/00996224.html

Both Granik and Hunter agree that a deal can be reached in 24 hour.

Hunter continues his rhetoric stating that the owners would be deranged
to "blow up the season."  Didn't Falk use that term too?  Blow up the
season.

The poll on the page is 54.1% of 25,722 votes saying that they really
don't care if there is a season because the lockout has alienated the
fans.  31.4% say wipe out the season and only 14.4% want the lockout
settled soon.  I hope that Falk and Hunter read that opinion poll.  We
just don't care.  The ONLY reason I care is that I want to follow the
Celtics.  If I had not been a Celtic fan for at least 33 years I would
not give a damn.

But the funniest part is getting the word on the players movement.  I
now know why the owners left after 30 minutes.  The great concession
made by the Union, to take 56.5% instead of 57% of the gross revenues.
No wonder the Owners walked out.  If you stayed and talked after that
insult, it would be a sign of weakness.  It was right for them to leave.

Hunter makes some statement about how he is not going to give up his
high end guys and start negotiating from there.  Well, Billy, they may
be giving you up soon.  The sad thing is, with a hard cap, the players
could get 54% of the revenues and be settled tomorrow.  Why don't they
move?
--
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net