Re: Random Thoughts

In a message dated 12/11/98 4:36:04 PM Central Standard Time, tjoyce@mit.edu
writes:

>  Cousy....ouch! When Cous weighs in, you'd hope that people would listen.
>  Doubt it. Hey, why not get some of the "old school" players to
>  "rebrainwash" the "new/no school" players?

   The new players don't "need" to hear from them old guys.  What "all-star"
commented that the old timers gave him no respect? After his first year in the
league, and he complains that Russ and his ilk don't respect him?  And you
expect such idiots to listen to Cousy?  I read about Russell (might have been
your post, Theresa) saying that a present-day NBA player asked him if he had
won some championships.  A present day player!  (Am I wrong on this?  Is it
unreasonable to expect that almost all NBA players know who Bill Russell is?
Maybe not Gene Guarilia, but Russell?  Chamberlain?  Maybe Bob Pettit?)
     I apologize for this post.  We are getting desparate.  Can't we all just
get along?