Re: Kenny Anderson

At 10:01 AM 12/11/98 +0000, "Rory O'Keeffe" <okeeffe@unite.net> wrote:

>This is a bit from On Hoops.
>It's a break down of where Kenny Andersons' money goes, but you could
>probably apply it to just about anybody else in the NBA...
[...]
>Does anyone on the list spend $120 000 a year 'hangin out'?

Nope, but I don't make what KA does. Take it proportional to what you
actually make and it's not that out of line.

There aren't many I feel sorry for in this mess, but I actually do feel
sorry for KA. No, not for the lost income, but for his becoming the poster
child for greedy, spendthrift, no contact with reality players to so many
people simply because he was the one that actually answered the specific
questions with specifics about his money. Yeah, he includes some expensive
toys. Cheap thrills. He also includes hefty child support for his
illegitimate kids (i.e. he slipped up on the illegitimate bit, but is not
wholly irresponsible), money for his mothers' mortgage, etc etc. In other
words, he doesn't fit the evil boy profile he gets pasted on, it's just the
dollar amounts that get people up in arms.

Well that's really a problem with them, not Kenny. If I made $5MM/year, I'd
likely have some expensive toys too, but I'd also meet my responsibilities
-as KA also does. And at what I make now, the computer I type this on is
more of an unnecessary expensive toy as KA's cars are for him. It's just the
monopoly money amounts that people get excited over. That and the fact that
KA was stupid enough to go public rather than hide behind Ewing like
generalizations or  pretend he's a 'needy player' needing a charity game
support. Seems to me that KA's the one that should be cut some slack and
those getting their knickers in a twist over what he at least said publicly
that have a few problems with reality.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net