Re: Ideas

At 07:53 PM 12/6/98 -0800, John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net> wrote:
>Anyone have any ideas on why Stern has failed to set a firm date for
>termination of the season ?  It seems if he did maybe we would see some
>progress.

Doubtful. More likely it would have been a new source of whining by the
players' side over an artificially established management deadline intended
to force them to capitulate. Followed by more of the usual rhetoric about
solidarity and how they will not be driven by such things. Perhaps a revisit
of discussion about blood in the streets (actual players' side quote). Happy
happy, joy joy.

In other words, I'd imagine Stern has purposely avoided doing so to leave as
much room to maneuver as possible. Useful if anyone had the slightest
interest in maneuvering, i.e. negotiating. Unfortunately both sides just
want to beat the other.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net