Re: I say that there will be no season

   I join in Bentz' depression after today's "negotiating session."  When this
lockout first happened, I figured that it would settle by early November,
before the first checks were cancelled.  But now I have this awful feeling
that the Bowens and DQs of the league are going to go down in flames for the
sake of Jordan and Ewing's principle$.  And while I can't quite put my finger
on it, my own reaction has changed.  Earlier on, I remained a fan and figured,
"When it's over, everyone will grumble but they'll be back."  Now I wonder
just how much I'll really want to watch games on TV.  Will I still go to my
four Clipper games a year? (OK, no snide comments, please.)
   Oh well, only eleven weeks to the Daytona 500.