Re: Well, at least

|   From: Douglas342@aol.com
|   Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 21:14:36 EDT
|   Sender: owner-celtics@igtc.com
|
|   In a message dated 8/28/98 5:47:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bocelts@scsn.net writes:
|   >  So, things are pretty much normal for young spoiled millionaires who are
|   >  being oppressed by the owners.  Boy, what a game.
|   >
|   You mean, "by the billionaire owners," right?

OK, name all the billionaire owners.  Paul Allen is the only one that
comes to mind.

With some of the recent contracts, I'm sure that some of the players
have the opportunity to make more than some of the owners in a given
year.  And over the long haul, financially speaking, I suspect I'd
rather have a long-term, guaranteed $100+ million contract than
dealing with the risk of owning a franchise.

Some franchises, like the Knicks, Lakers or Celtics must be like
owning a mint and printing your own money, but others, like the
Warriors or the Kings must be a really bad financial proposition
... I'll bet Shaq makes more than the owner of the Kings, and that his
lifetime earnings as a player will be higher than if here were an
owner.

-Andy