RE: Malone & $20mil

Don't agree, Hart. While it's true that Pippen didn't win the
championship (!) without Jordan, I have no doubt in my mind that a
line-up of Jordan, Paxson, Cartwright and Grant would have had major
difficulties winning a championship as would a line-up of Jordan,
Rodman, Harper and Longley.
I don't know why Pippen keeps getting trashed on this list. He is one of
the 50 best all-time. The defence he played on Mark Jackson during the
conference finals was one of the reasons the Bulls got past the Pacers.
I don't think Jordan keeps insisting Pippen be a part of any team he
plays on because he (Jordan) likes the shape of his (Pippen's) face. In
any case, this is a hypothetical argument and will remain one unless
Pippen goes elsewhere, Jordan stays on with the rest of the Bulls and
there's an NBA season (with or without drug-testing!).

venkat