Re: Booze Less Titans?

I'm speechless.  Can the 'Just Say No' Celtics be far behind?  I know of
one member of this list ready to buy season tickets.  But, seriously,
how good an idea is it to tie a team into that kind of promotion?  I
expressed my feelings a few days ago about athletes as role models (a
huge mistake, in my opinion).  Imagine the media reaction when one of
the Titans gets pulled over for drunk driving.  It will happen sooner or
later.  Do you have to take an alchohol evaluation (a la Mo Vaughn) to
join the team?  And, how embarassing will it be when the Titans lose to
the Sidney 'Fosters' Giants or something like that?

Jim

>Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:38:29 +1000
>From: Warwick <giants@eisa.net.au>
>To: Joe Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>
>CC: celtics <celtics@igtc.COM>
>Subject: Re: Booze Less Titans?
>
>The name Booze Less Titans is obviously the name of the new team.
>
>Booze Less is a department of the Australian Drug Foundation and is the
new
>teams naming rights sponsor, therefore people use 'Booze Less' when
saying
>the team name when it concerns the media (more marketing $$$ to the
>foundation of course). The teams full name is Melbourne City "Booze
Less"