Re: Celtics Miscellanious: New TV Contract; Coach Willie Maye On Antoine; Pierce On Anderson

At 07:42 8/16/98 , Way Of The Ray wrote:
>According to Howard Manly in today's Boston Globe, the Celtics and Channel
68
>are in the "final stages" of a deal to have the team broadcast its road
games
>on that station.  Good news I think, because it would seem to insure that
Bob
>Cousy will be there to offer some balance to Heinsohn's rampant Celtics
>boosterism.
Good for the Cousy reasoning but terrible news for us transplanted New
Englanders who enjoy viewing the Celts with hometown announcers!! We have
been spoiled over the years by getting via satellite all of the Celtic
games. The same thing happened with the Red Sox a few years back and
severely curtailed the number of Sox games we could view out in the
boonies. Luckily with the NBA League Pass we will still get all the Celts
games but will have to watch the opponents broadcast. I will be grateful
for whatever I can get but I am spoiled and want all the Celts games
broadcast by Mike & Tommy and Tommy and Cous!! Later.Mike