Re: New stuff at Celticland

Apparently Pitino didn't think Walker for Olowokandi was so
ridiculous, as he was in deep conversation with the Clippers before
the draft concerning such a deal.  I also find amusing your statement,
that if they "lose Walker they are screwed for several years to come".
Not if they acquire a franchise center or point guard for him, and
Olowokandi fulfills one of those criteria.  Paul Pierce, because of
the draft day events, the dissing from Toine, and his all-around
skill level is certainly more than an adequate replacement for Walker
at the small forward position.  In fact, when all is said and done,
the best player on the team may well be Pierce.  That is, if he's
still with the C's.  I don't see both Walker and Pierce cohabitating
in the Celtics frontcourt next year, as they're both star-quality
small forwards.  One is sure to be dealt.  Especially, if you factor
in a healthy Popeye.
WC

>From: "Chris Mathew" <cmathew@utas.edu.au>
>To: <celtics@igtc.COM>
>Subject: Re: New stuff at Celticland
>Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 17:07:35 +1000
>
>Some of those trades are ridiculous....I mean Walker for Olokawandi,
give me
>a break.  The only decent one on the list is for Mutombo and Roshwon
McLeod.