No Subject

<The Hornets have their work cut out for them in free agency, with Vlade
Divac, Matt Geiger and Dell Curry all scheduled to be free agents. The
conventional wisdom is that the Hornets will re-sign either Divac or Geiger
and lose the other one, because there's no way owner George Shinn will fork
over the money needed to sign both. Divac is talking about a contract
averaging $10 million a year, Geiger is expecting something in the average
of $5-7 million a year. >

IIRC after he was injured Geiger went down from his earlier demand of 7
million after his poor performance in the playoffs.
	As for Ratliff, the AP report on his injury said bidding would probably
*start* at your figure. The CNN/SI team report said it might take 10 million
a *year* to keep Ratliff. I was wrong on Ratliff. I can't believe someone
would pay 10 million for him. That's another reason for the Celtics not to
sign him(we probably won't be able to anyway).

> If he really had said $4M/year, Falk probably would have killed him.

Falk is never happy anyway. I'd pay to see Falk trying to kill Geiger
though. Geiger's arm probably weighs more than Falk. That would be better
than prowrestling(sorry I can't get over the Andy Kauffman comment... it
still makes me laugh).
	Seriously though, Matt grew up in Salem so he's a local boy. I think it's a
rather interesting coincidence that Falk owes the Celtics' a favor and
Geiger's asking price mysteriously went down to exactly the amount the
Celtics' could sign him for.

Noah