RE: CNN Sports Article

Part of an article from CNN's sport page. Way to go Stern. Hold fast. Break down that union. Patrick Ewing said the NBA negotiators disrespected them. What did he expect? Flowers. Carl Malone and Ewing should have gotten a better education before tangling w/the big boys. All Malone and Ewing and the likes can say is, duh, we want more cash.

Actually what players and their lawyers said was, to paraphrase, "we have pending legal action, that may very well undercut whatever bargaining position you have, we know this.". I doubt the owners and Stern were very happy with this development. This situation has a wonderful capacity for irony now that the league --which had thought that it had the bargaining highground-- may find itself in a untenable solution.
     The "I need more cash" comes later, after the player's skillfully timed strike(right around the playoffs, agents have long memories and vindictive souls), minus the duh.
Noah