Re: "Buddy"

In a message dated 98-08-06 14:04:43 EDT, j.hironaka@unesco.org wrote:

<<These days I read all of the guy's articles, regardless of subject. I'mglad
he's covering next season's (53-win) Boston Celtics! I'd take him  over Mike
Barnicle any day, and not just because he's a minority.>>

You apparently won't have to worry much longer about reading Mike Barnicle's
column in the Globe; the editor asked for his resignation because of the flap
over the similarities between his column of this past Sunday and George
Carlin's book "Braindroppings".

Barnicle has refused to resign so he leaves the Globe little choice but to ax
him.