Re: OWNERS, PLAYERS

Here, here.  I will add my second as this is much of my point laid out in more
detail.  The players take no risk with guaranteed contracts etc and do not even
have to pay for their meals, lodging etc when on the road.  Basketball is a
game.  It doesn't really add value to the world, like say a garbage man does.
It is entertainment.  But the ones who put their money at risk deserve the
return.  If the players want to put themselves at risk, like having all
contracts related to performance, paying for their own medicals and road
expenses etc so the owners have a "partnership" with them, then maybe there is a
reason to pay them more.  But, just because they are the entertainers doesn't
entitle them to unlimited risk free return for playing a game.   How many of the
players in the NBA can make the same money being employed doing anything else in
the world?  I venture to say probably none of them.  How many of the owners
can?  Many of them can and do.

My point was that the players are just a selfish as the owners, but as Dorine
added, they don't even take the risk!

--

Peace,

Bentz