CBA

No, not a boring dissertation on the collective bargaining agreement.

Wow.  Imagine for just a frightening, delicious second, if notable big name
Free Agents were to offer their services to the CBA, say for a pittance
salary, percentage of gate receipts, and the sheer revenge of it all.

Michael Jordan and the Rockford Lightning versus Scottie Pippen's
(SiouxFalls) Skyforce.  Stoudamire to McDyess in the Yakima SunKings'
grueling fourth quarter battle against Rod Strickland and Jerry Stackhouse
playing in the red & blue of the Fort Wayne Fury!

Admittedly, it's a farfetched scenario but I think the point I weakly hold
is that the Players Association has a major trumpcard, the Product.  You
think Chicago diehards are gonna shell out to see the Replace-a-bulls when
Jordan in playing in nearby Rockford?  The CBA could have half it's season
in exhibition style neutral locations in NBA cities and mount an ABA like
challenge to the NBA's dominant market share.  Players get to play and
could probably write their own labor contract with the CBA powers that be.
I'm not sure what the official ties are between the C and N ba that might
prevent just such a rebellion.

I know, I know.  A pipe dream.  But as an old ABA fan (Go Kentucky
Colonels!), I'd love to see the NBA take one on the chops and Walker,
Mercer, Mashburn, Mohammed, Chapman, Mills, Delk, Anderson, Pope, McCarty
and Hanson playing in the Bluegrass again..
computer.