No Subject

You know, I just had this crazy thought: why is there "no way in hell" the players wouldn't accept non-guaranteed contracts, the end of the Bird rule or anything else? What is their alternative? The CBA? European leagues? I guarantee you, if the NBAPA decided to walk away from the league, they would be replaced by any number of (talented) young kids out there who are looking for a chance. Don't belive it? Just look at what's happening right nopw in Greece. And yes, the quality of play would suffer, and the fans would be turned off, but over time they would come back. People are too basketball-crazy not to. The owners deserve to be able to set financial ground rules that allow their companies to prosper and grow. Every other industry in America does this. (Right, Noah?)

<<Kim Malo wrote:
No, a budget is a soft cap -you can go over it, with consequences. And
football does not have guaranteed contracts, with a few exceptions, which is
the major difference in why a hard cap works there. You can cut players to
create cap space. NBA doesn't work that way and no way in hell the players
will even agree to eliminating the guaranteed contracts.

- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net