incentives and FA

List,

I think it woulod be great if the Celtics could sign Antoine to an
incentive-laden contract, somewhat like Dennis Rodman.  But I agree that
Walker and his agent will probably not go for it.  $10million
guaranteed with incentives totaling up to around another 10 million would
be a good deal.  That would be a good motivator for him to improve his
game and play smarter.  We can only hope.

I have read that Pervis's agent has stated that Pervis will not retire.
Will Pitino be able to force him to retire or run him out of town?  Go to
Europe?  What do you think?

This team could use Eric Williams again.  Couldn't we have afforded his 5
million a year contract?  That guy was really good.  He was playing great
this year in the first 5 games until he got his knee injury.  Hopefully he
will recover to become the player he was. He has a much better shot
selection that Antoine and takes it to the hole just as effectively.  I
was at the Celtics rookie/free agent camp this summer at Brandeis and he
played great and also looked like he had put on another 10 pounds of
muscle.  It is crazy that Pitino gave him up for nothing basically.  he
has the NBA game, taking it to the hole and getting fouled.  He was great
one-on-one.

That was the worst move Pitno has made by far.  If he didn't get injured
this year, he would've averaged around 20 a game for Denver and they
would've doubled their wins. To tell you the truth, I think Williams is
about as productive a player as Walker, just less talented.