Ostertag (more boring trade talk)

	The more I think about the Travis and Minor for Greg Ostertag deal
the more I like it.  I would even throw in our #10 pick.  Ostertag is big
and strong enough to bang around with any center in the league.  People
say he had a motivation problem this year, but doesn't RP make $7M per
year at least in part to motivate players?  He has the talent; he was a
monster in the finals last year.  Some might say he's not a Pitino style
center, but who is?  The only two I can think of are Hakeem and Alonzo.

	If we were able to trade for Ostertag (it might take more than my
offer), we could use all of our cap room on a top notch forward (Pippen,
McDyess, Jason Williams, Gugliotta, etc...).  Even without signing a free
agent, we would have a starting frontline of Walker, DeClerq/Popeye, and
Ostertag.  This would be a big improvement (literally speaking) over the
status quo.

	I know Dorine.  You can't stand Scottie Pippen.  So he refused to
go into a game once.  Get over it.  :)  He's probably the best all around
player in the league.  Maybe he is a little old for a long term deal, but
I don't think we have enough cap room to sign him anyway.

	We might not have enough cap room for any of the above players.
What about a second tier player like Christian Laettner?  This is under
the assumption that we've filled our center need with Ostertag.  If we
have to sign a free agent center, I like Longley over Geiger.

Jeremy