RE: future plans

It seems to me the only reason any of these comparisons are made is race.
I would be hard-pressed to think of more different players than Gugliotta,
Garrity, and Van Horn.  Okay, I am relatively new to the list, but whoever
was saying last year that Keith Van Horn is slow and doesn't have talent
obviously never saw him play.
An interesting game to try: the next time you're watching a basketball
game, compare the announcers' descriptions of the white and black players.
See if these guidelines don't hold up:
White: Leader, smart, heady, hard-working, consistent, overacheiver,
understands the game, solid, not the most talented player
in the world...
Black: Talented, athletic, mental error, leaper, underacheiver,
inconsistent effort, raw potential, quick, fast, etc.
Of course growing up in a highly segregated and racist culture lends
itself to these categorizations.  But becoming aware of our prejudices is
at least a step towards their eradication.
The next time I hear someone say Jeff Sheppard is a solid player but
perhaps lacks raw ability, I think I'm going to faint.
peace,
Davide

 >Pat Garrity is in the mold of a Tom Gugliotta, although he may be
more of
> >a small forward.  But he is 6'9, 230.

I seem to remember a lot of people saying the same things why we should
not
take Keith Van Horn last year.>>