Re: Longley, draft

----------
> From: Alex Wang <awang@mit.edu>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Longley, draft
> Date: Lunes 20 de Abril de 1998 07:06 PM
> Many of these teams have cap space but free agents may still avoid them
> like the plague. These teams would be prime candidates to work out a deal
> for cap space (to get a center) in exchange for the Celtics' #9 pick and
> Ellison, say.
>
> If that didn't work, another idea is to trade Mercer, Ellison, Minor and
> the #9 for the #1 or #2 pick in order to take LaFrentz or Pierce.

I think the Celtics will try to biuld the team by more rookies, I mean,
concentrating in the draft. That is already done, Walker, Mercer and
Billups (who brought KA). Mercer is a key for our future and it wont be a
good idea to trade him, I think this draft will not help us, maybe we
should trade the pick and Minor, Ellison for a decent Center, because the
next step for Pitino's plan is the free agent waters or the trading
options.
Im not sure but if we do that and sign Walker for something like 18 million
a year we would still have a little money for a free agent.... right????

Alejandro