Re: What Are Coaches Good For?: Boston 78-Cleveland 71

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Cooper <wfcooper@tiac.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>; pio@edu15.coe.ufl.edu
<pio@edu15.coe.ufl.edu>
Date: Saturday, April 18, 1998 12:50 PM
Subject: What Are Coaches Good For?: Boston 78-Cleveland 71

>Mercer: Another in a line of poor shooting night for Ron, who seems to
>be ending his campaign in a bit of a slump.  He shot 6-19, and once
>again, didn't seem to get the open looks that he needs.  he scored 12
>points in 40 minutes.

I wouldn't worry too much about his last few subpar shooting performances.
All rookies hit that first year wall, right Dorine?  Mercer's done well to
stave it off until now.  He's a fine player who has that professional work
ethic that old dinosaurs like me love and admire so much.  This guy's a
keeper and a superior athlete.  The mere mention of the name Stackhouse
makes me cringe.

Cecil