Re: May article/Celtic Walker MVP!

D Parker wrote:

> I don't think he's anywhere near as important as you, and others, seem to
> think.  He's a good player.  The NBA's full of 'em.  Quite frankly, I'd
> much rather trade him for an all-star caliber center, say to San Antonio
> for either Duncan or Robinson.  That would bump the C's to contendor
> status long before waiting for Walker to mature.  I would *like* Walker to
> stay, but he's not irreplacable.

How can we expect the refs and the league in general to respect Walker
when we see an attitude like this from a Celtics fan?  It was this kind
of fans' disrespect that helped alienate Shaq from Orlando, and they've
been in the toilet since he bolted.  I've said it before: without
Walker, this would have been another 15-win season, even with Pitino.

BTW, I'm confused--if Walker is just one of many good players in the
NBA, why would the Spurs trade Duncan or Robinson for him?
--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI