re:Saint Lawrence

>Dan Forant wrote:
>"Anytime you can come back here and win a basketball game is just the
ultimate for me," Bird said.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, why does he get his rocks
off beating us? Why not just say, it's great to come back here again, he
loves to rub it in. He's a hick, dog meat, compared to Pitino.

****

Hi Dan:

I'm not really convinced Saint Lawrence intended to "rub it in" on our
Celts (although I didn't hear his comments live). He's just a
hyper-competitive guy. God bless him. Personally, I'd be vicariously
thrilled for Bird if the Pacers dethrone the Bulls.

But having said this, I thought it was wrong for Bird to have publically
insulted guys like David Wesley ("lousy point guard") and Dee Brown
("overpaid, lousy point guard") earlier this season. IMO, those are two
guys who - if nothing else - have built solid pro careers and added
value to all their teams despite lacking ideal height, vision and other
NBA skills. In general, I really don't think it's classy at all for a
basketball coach to insult players who are not part of their team,
unless they play for the LA Flakers   : )

"Beat LA in 2000"

****